Suede & Glitter Low Top Lace Up Sneakers (50% off at Sam Edelman site only!) | Madewell Ribbed Pencil Skirt | BaubleBar Mini Mariachi Beaded Tassel Earrings (earrings come in a variety of colors – Bright Pink, Black, Silver, Light Purple, and Teal)
Shop My Look
It’s so crazy to me how fast my second pregnancy has gone by. I feel like it was just yesterday I found out I was pregnant. Being this was my second time around, I remember being so excited yet SO nervous. With Jaxton, being little over two, he has started to pick up talking and expressing his needs. I feel like I am starting to understand his rhythm, but having a toddler and being pregnant has been a whole new adventure. A lot of you have asked about my maternity essentials and pregnancy routine so I wanted to share a little more today.
1. Long skirts and crop shirts – One of my biggest frustrations being pregnant was finding shirts that covered my belly and wanting to feel comfortable but cute all at the same time. Fortunately, in style right now are crop tops (check out mine here)! Additionally, pencil skirts, in my option, never went out of style.
2. The Sneaker – If you are a frequent reader of my blog you know I rarely wear flats. It’s been such an adjustment the last couple months of pregnancy wanting to still be a little dressy but not wear heels. I am completely in love with Sam Edelman’s sneaker. Even better they just went on SALE for 50% OFF! I think the reason I hadn’t worn flats much before is I couldn’t find a pair that was comfortable. I wear these all day and my feet don’t cramp or feel squished.
3. Crop Jacket – Let’s just say I didn’t even think of the word crop until I was pregnant. I have always been insecure about my tummy, so anything accentuating that area I would void at all cost. However, being pregnant, its all about the bump and you get to rock it! This Crop Jean Jacket has been clutch to dress up any outfit.
4. Motherhood Maternity Palmers Stretch Mark Lotion – Face it our bodies morph and do crazy things for our babies, and sometimes our skin can suffer. My mom instilled in me to take care of my skin, so I have been really paranoid about stretch marks. I read a lot of reviews and Palmers was the the best. No stretch marks to date 🙂 (knock on wood!)
5. Maternity Bra – Another thing I waited forever to buy that I wish I would have purchased earlier in my first pregnancy. Some people say sports bras work for them but they squished my boobs down too much when I was wearing non work out shirts. I tried a couple different brands and these Cake Bras were my favorite. They also have little buckles in the front, so they can be used post baby for nursing (win, win!).
6. Spanx – Sara Blakey, CEO of Spanx, really has changed my life with her product. I live off of Spanx (pre and post baby) and have a variety of her products! (Post Idea Alert!) One of my go-tos during pregnancy has been her Everyday Shaping Panties Seamless Thong. With all the dresses that I wear, these help support my belly without being too tight and showing the lining. I love!